Old 12-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Rod

Default Horticulture Courses

"je71" wrote in message s.com...
well to be honest, I work full time as a computer engineer and I've hit
that stage in my life that I want to do spmething more constructive,
rewarding, and generally more outside! The problem is I have a mortgage
so I need to earn an income whilst I gain experience, hence I thought a
distance learing cousre would at least give me the credibility to apply
for jobs with local councils, NT etc. Once employed I guess thats where
my REAL training would begin.

I think you'd probably get better value from a part time course for RHS General at your local agricultural college. The
syllabus is very broad so it will be quite demanding. No courses offer sufficient practical so it would be a big help to
you if you could get some work experience even if only as a volunteer. You're right the learning really starts when you
start working.

Rod