Old 12-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Jolltax

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

Hello everyone,

I posted on this group a while back, uncertain as to whether I should buy a
petrol strimmer or another electric to replace my recently deceased Flymo.

I just wanted to report that I took the plunge and bought the cheapest
petrol one I could find at B&Q at £80 (a McCulloch).

Tried it for the first time today and blimey! My strimming time has gone
from 45 minutes to about 10! This thing ATE my garden - fantastic. I am
chuffed to bits with it.... No cable (hooray!) PLUS you get the sadistic
thrill of gunning the throttle as you approach a meaty thistle knowing it is
going to DIE.

To anyone else considering spending the the extra 40 quid for a petrol one,
save up for a couple of extra weeks and get one.

Yours chuffedly!

Jolltax

---