Old 12-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Yellow leaves on my Chinese Elm ?

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA - Zone 6

I think it needs more nitrates or more magnesium. You might

want to up
its dosage of fertiliser.

NONONONONONONONONO. You don't fertilize a sick tree without
KNOWING what's wrong. Fertilizer is NOT medicine!

Yellow leaves do not necessarily indicate chlorosis. They CAN
indicate an unhappy tree -- often, one that's getting too much
water; sometimes one that has been overdosed with fertilizer.
Sometimes they only indicate old leaves.

There is a maple fungus that has no cure and for which a regular
dose of nitrogen fertilizer is suggested as a _possible_ way to
keep the fungus from spreading to the rest of the tree, but it is
something of a desperate wish.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++