Old 12-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

"Jolltax" wrote in message
. ..
Hello everyone,

I posted on this group a while back, uncertain as to whether I

should buy a
petrol strimmer or another electric to replace my recently deceased

Flymo.

I just wanted to report that I took the plunge and bought the

cheapest
petrol one I could find at B&Q at £80 (a McCulloch).

Tried it for the first time today and blimey! My strimming time has

gone
from 45 minutes to about 10! This thing ATE my garden - fantastic.

I am
chuffed to bits with it.... No cable (hooray!) PLUS you get the

sadistic
thrill of gunning the throttle as you approach a meaty thistle

knowing it is
going to DIE.

To anyone else considering spending the the extra 40 quid for a

petrol one,
save up for a couple of extra weeks and get one.

Yours chuffedly!

Jolltax

Sorry to throw cold water on your enthusiasm :-( Yes, strimming
makes things look great and tidy, etc. We do it ourselves. But,
don't think your thistle is dead just because you have taken the top
off. Nothing dies unless you kill the roots or dig it up.

Iris McCanna