Old 12-06-2003, 08:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default heron question

"GACinMass" wrote in message
I have heard that if you put a fake life-sized heron at your pond, no

others
will come because they assume the spot is *taken*.

That's true for a while. You'll find that if you don't move the fake

heron
daily, the real herons catch on and ignore it.

Another problem with decoys: I seem to recall reading somewhere (on this

ng?)
that someone placed a decoy on the edge of his pond. It was mating season

amd a
male heron mistook it for a real female, grabbed all the goldfish and left
their bodies at the feet of the decoy as an offering. (hey, at least he

bought
her dinner!)

Yeah, but did she do her part after the date was over?

BV
My apologies for the crass, male chauvinistic oink joke. I couldn't resist.