Old 12-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Yellow leaves on my Chinese Elm ?

Mark:

I may be all wet (being here in the Mid Atlantic states, it is not
hard), but have you noticed a lot of Pine treees in your neighborhood?

Last year my elms and Cotoneaster seemed to have had the same problem as
you described. I did clean off the leaves carefully, and they all came
back well. This year I kept my few pines and Junipers as far away as
possible and have not had any sign of the fungus or the rust fungus of
last year. (?). Maybe just coincidence, but I post it here for what it
is worth....

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Mark Hill wrote:

Thanks again Jim;

I just wandered about my property and noticed that my LARGE crab apple tree
appears to be suffering from the same "yellow leaf/black spot" symptoms.
From what I recall, this tree displays this "feature" every year. A neighbor

next door(500 feet away) has a similar crab apple with similar features.
This is the first time I've seen my Elm produce these yellow leaves with
black spots.
Any chance that a leaf from the apple fell into the Elm pot and caused this
disease ?

I just spoke with Gary at Natures Way (Jim Doyle's place) and he suggested I
remove all the effected leaves then go to the local nursery and get a
systemic fungi spray and give it a try.

Any other suggestions ??
I sure would hate to loose this tree.

Mark