Old 12-06-2003, 09:32 PM
ajames54

Default Floating Clumps of Flourescent Green Algae

On 12 Jun 2003 14:05:10 -0500, "Lee Brouillet"
wrote:

I don't know how much phosphate is actually in there, only that they've been
adding it. Additionally, after all the ammonia and nitrIte spikes, my
nitrAtes are 160 (which is as high as the goes).

It's no wonder that I have this algae problem; it's a wonder I don't have
OTHERS! The phosphate sponge by Kent: I can buy 5 gallons of it for $87.40,
which will do 2500 gallons of water (I have 1200), but I will also need an
800 micron mesh bag to keep it in. ProLine's Phosphate Remover will do
roughly the same gallons for $58.70, and is larger (but I don't know if it's
rechargable), but it will also take the level down to 0.2 mg/l. Are you
familiar with it?

I've not seen the ProLine product but I've been lucky in that my
water source is just about phosphate free, so if the levels ever
got any where near high enough to worry about I would just change
more water...

I hope it works for you, you should get a test kit just to follow
the levels of phosphate over time..and post the results.

That is actually a reasonable price compared to what they were
asking when I first looked at that type of product, if it brings
the levels down to where they say it does then there will
probably be more than a few ponders knocking on their doors.