Old 12-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Horticulture Courses

The message m
from je71 contains these words:

I work full time as a computer engineer and I've hit
that stage in my life that I want to do spmething more constructive,
rewarding, and generally more outside! The problem is I have a mortgage
so I need to earn an income whilst I gain experience, hence I thought a
distance learing cousre would at least give me the credibility to apply
for jobs with local councils, NT etc.

Many NT gardens have volunteers like me working for them, under
instruction and supervision from the professional staff. Hours are
whatever you can offer, so you could probably fit that in around your
other job to see if you like the work enough (and are physically fit
enough) to do it full-time.

Since you have a mortgage to consider, you might also want to check out
your potential future income. The local NT garden here has just
advertised for a permanent, full-time, qualified and experienced
gardener. Salary under £12,000 pa.

Janet.