Old 13-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Larry

Default Ducks and ponds?

This is the first year I have a pond and I am finding all of it a lot
of fun (and very relaxing). I have a small 100 Gallon pond (in a
Rubbermaid stocktank) with a 30 gallon waterfall tub/filter in an
above ground planter that I built.

I live in Baltimore city so I was very suprised to find a small duck
sitting by the pond this morning when I left for work. I would have
taken a picture but I scared him away before I could take it. He
seemed really indignant that I would disturb his morning interlude at
the pond and he made a slightly angry quack at me before flying off.

My question is will ducks eat fish (I have a few small goldfish) or
hurt plants (Lily, Clover, Umbrella Palm, and Water Lettuce)? The
duck was very cute but it is not welcome if he is here for breakfast.

Larry