Old 13-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Tom Randy

Default Tomato plants in pots

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:13:38 -0400, Mceezee wrote:

I bought tomato plants this year (Big Boy) and with all the rain we had
every weekend never put them into the ground. I just planted them in a
large pot instead for the time being.

Will tomato plants grow like this (I like in NJ) or do they need to go
into the ground to establish their full growth?

You can easily grow them in pots, I do.Make sure the pot is big enough, I say
at least 1-2 foot deep and 12-14" wide. Make sure to check frequently for
water as the soil in pots dries out faster and remember to fertilize.

Every year I want to get
"patio" tomatoes but by the time I get around to it they are gone or I
can't find them.
Can I make the regular tomato plants "patio" tomatoes instead?

YUP! See above. Get to it!