Old 13-06-2003, 12:45 AM

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:31:44 +0100, "H"
wrote:

I just wanted to report that I took the plunge and bought the cheapest
petrol one I could find at B&Q at £80 (a McCulloch).

I recently bought the same model - but from Homebase. I also waited for one
of their 10% days so got it slightly cheaper.

This thing ATE my garden - fantastic.

I have also just taken the plunge, but in a moment of madness I bought
the larger 25cc McCulloch brushcutter. It has certainly eaten my
rather neglected allotment - now I just have to work out what to do
with a six-foot-high haystack...

Now go out and buy some extra strimming line as what came with the strimmer
won't last very long at all. :-(

I noticed this - it may be that my lack of experience means that I'm
bumping the line out more quickly than I need, but the first time I
used it I ran out of line before I had cleared my allotment.

It's easy to do grass edges, btw. Just rotate the whole thing around.

Have fun....and remember those goggles.....

The Cabrio 246 that I bought came with a face mask. It is only a basic
mask - no swivelling for example - but it is still far better than
goggles because a) it doesn't mist up and b) it protects the whole of
your face from flying grass and twigs and macerated slugs and snails.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk