Old 13-06-2003, 01:20 AM
GrampysGurl

Default My New Mulching Blade Is Disappointing

- This is late spring / early summer here. Grass is growing fast. I
mow my lawn every week. Do I mow not often enough? I hope not because
I don't have time to mow more than once a week. If this is the case, I
will have to bag the grass clipping in this time of the year (I will
put the grass clippings into my compost piles), and I will continue
mulching in summer and fall.

snip

Jay Chan

How tall is the grass and how short are you trying to make it????? We cut to no
less then 3 inches and only take an inch or two so off at a time, which to my
understanding is technically too much... We have always used a mulching blade
and love it. I have a wildlife garden so I do tend to let the back grow much
longer then the front, I mow the front once or twice a week but the back is
done only once every 10-14 days... We have an area close to the house that gets
done the twice a week cycle like the front. Even in the back it's more like 4
inches and we still take the 1-2 inches off, maybe a little more.... the back
is really nice, thick, green and almost weed free. In short, doing it that way
my house looks nice and neat but I'm not breaking my back, and I make the
wildlife happier.
Colleen
zone 5 Connecticut