Old 13-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Garbage Can Clay Filter

I am thinking we need to order some patience for our BV! OTOH overnight
should have cleared it up! You have demonic clay, and may need to seek some
exorcist help soon!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
I challenged you to McGyver something up, I am glad you are coming back

the BV we know and love!

Here is my 2cents from 1st hand experience (don't ask).

A couple of trash cans. Place the cans on concrete blocks such that at
least the top 12-18 inches is above your water level!

snip

Weird. I posted a response from home last night and I don't see it here.

If
it turns up, forgive my duplicate.

Turns out my garbage cans all had holes in them and the 300gph pump I

bought
wouldn't fill fast enough. SO...I took the 40 gallon or so rubbermaid for
the kids toys, and sunk it in a shallow area of the main pond. I dropped a
new 300gph pump in the bottom of the pond, and ran the output to the

bottom
of the rubbermaid. I then filled the rubber maid with 4 yards of batting.

It
took awhile, but the rubbermaid filled and the slowly began to overflow

into
the pond.

This morning, after about 12 hours, the pond does not look much clearer

yet.
I am thinking since I killed the fish last week, I may just dump some more
calcite in and see if that helps.

BV.