Old 13-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Tom La Bron

Default Koi Food Survey

zookeeper,

It appears that Ingrid is not practicing what she has been preaching all
these years, but that is par for the her course.

Most any food that you buy for your fish is going to be good. A lot of the
"Japanese Brands" are expensive, but that is due to importation and shipping
costs.

There is nothing wrong with the Purina foods and as has already been stated
they have been used by members of this list and the fish are doing great.
Cotton pick there have been people on this list that have fed their fish Cat
Food and swear by it, so the choice is up to you. Virtually any food that
you purchase for KOI will probably be good and nutritious for your fish. It
all depends on how much or how little money you want to spend to do this
portion of your KOI care. As Jerrispond states in the message following
yours the amount mentioned is more than is spent on their family, but that
is that person.

You can always by small portions of different foods and try them out on your
fish anyway. There may be some that the fish will not eat and others that
they eat like vultures. So buy a few a try them out before you make a
commitment to a large quantity to save money buying in bulk.

HTH

Tom L.L.
-------------------------

"zookeeper" wrote in message
I get Ogata from Jo Ann.

1-251-649-4790
white fish meal, krill, spirulina, wheat germ soy bean alfalfa, yeast

garlic vitamins
38% protein
5.50 per lb, 110 bucks for 33 pound bag ...

I looked at Ogata, but the list of ingredients I saw had wheat germ as
the second ingredient and soy bean meal as the fourth ingredient (White
fish meal, wheat germ meal, krill meal, Soya bean mill, Alfalfa meal,
yeast, garlic, ox bile powder, chitin (Chitosan), vitamins, etc). I had
previously read that it's best to use feed where fish / shrimp / protein
comprise the first 3-4 ingredients. See, this is exactly the kind of
thing that confuses me. :-/
--
zookeeper