Old 13-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default just starting out, ? about pumps

Run! Escape! Don't get into this hobby! Flee!

Imagine the hole you are digging. Forget the fish, the water, the liner!
Cut out the middle man! Just dig the whole, and take your cash by the
buckets and throw it into the hole! Forget budget! And if you do a budget,
then multiply whatever you come up by 3, that may be enough to get you
started!

But should in case you do go through with this potentially addictive hobby,
then be prepared to bond with your pond like a cheating spouse!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon about green algae, string algae,
dying Koi, Heron, Ick, Fluke, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, Kh, Gh, Spawning,
Koi food, .....on and on and on!

I really really do love my pond and Koi, but like a weed grass they have
invaded my life!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Megan Wilson" wrote in message
Hello all!

I am really and truly just starting out, as in no hole as been dug, but

the
area where the pond is going has been roughly surveyed. Last spring i

built
a small 100 gallon indoor pond, but i did it very quickly with out doing
much research. this time i want to do it right, and i'm trying to figure

out
how much money its all going to cost me so i can make a budget. Since i
don't have any sort of hole dug, i can only go by my theoretical

dimensions
to guess the volume. My concern right now is pumps (which is better
submersible or not, and how much its going to cost). and as you may have
noticed i'm starting to ramble so i'll cut it short. My questions are,
what's the best way to approximate volume (using some online calculators
i've gotten numbers ranging from 1,500 to 11,000 gallons)? and would

anyone
be willing to provide me with the pros and cons between the
submersible/non-submersible pumps, or at least point me in the direction

of
finding such information? thank you in advance!

megs