Old 13-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Rick McGreal

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote in
:

And I had a fit of embarressment when I had no idea where to get the
fuel....

In a petrol station........

Oh...Its just normal 4star fuel then?
(Boy do I feel an idiot now!)

And where do you keep the extra fuel?

In the garage/shed etc.

Didn't know you could store fuel at home....
Even in such small quantities

And the biggie.....Are they cheaper to run than an electric?

I don't think the relative running costs are really significant.

Petrol mowers are more powerful so good for larger mowers and larger
lawns, but they probably require more maintenance, are noiser and
smellier to use, heavier and more expensive.

Ok...The smell would be an issue...But I dpon't think that the noise level
would be...Its only for an hour a week or so...And the council makes more
noise than that just about everyday with its huge ride-on mowers it has
running around (Not cutting the grass btw!)

Electric mowers are cheaper, the mowers are lighter, it is cleaner and
require less maintenance.

In that case I will stay with my electric....
It just seems easier!

Thanks!