Old 13-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Kay Easton

Default Turf laying prep

In article , Paul Kelly p.g.kelly@b
tinternetREMOVETHIS.com writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article ,
Pigling writes
PS. It is York stone

Well, if you're in Yorkshire, you don't need to do anything - the stone
thieves will relieve you of it. They'll be delighted that you've done
some of their work for them - usually they have to take up the flags
themselves.

I haven't heard tales of street of cobbles or pavements of Yorkstone
disappearing for quite a while. I presume it still happens but is no longer
news.

Big news round our area still. Not streets or pavements, but from
gardens. Two in the local paper this week, and last week a mill was
stripped of its stone roof tiles.

It's getting ridiculous - they are quite happy to go after small
quantities, so even a dozen slabs from a garden are fair game.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: