Old 13-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Tim

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

On 13 Jun 2003 07:19:33 GMT, Rick McGreal
wrote:

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote in
:

And I had a fit of embarressment when I had no idea where to get the
fuel...

In a petrol station........

Oh...Its just normal 4star fuel then?
(Boy do I feel an idiot now!)

Unless you have a super-duper tuned engine on your lawn-mower, not even 4
star. 2 star'll be perfect. It'll work with 4-star but you're wasting your
money on anything more than the lowest octane you can get.
4-star is needed in high performance engines with high compression ratios,
which a lawn-mower engine is NOT. Using a higher octane fuel than required
is a waste of money and fuel and you'll likely get poorer performance out
of the engine (you'd be unlikely to notice the difference in performance on
a lawn-mower though).

Oops, better stop now, I'm beginning to drift off the subject....
Tim.