Old 13-06-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Robin Population Increase

A starling chick appeared under the huckleberries, almost fully adult but
not quite able to fly. No parents feeding it, but it would've been able to
feed itself. I watched it hopping about for two days. I made one failed
attempt to catch it just for the heck of it, but it knew to cross back &
forth under a fence to keep me on the wrong side of the fence from it.
Third morning it was gone. Cat might've got it. I hope it found out it
could fly though.

Robins and nuthatches are great to watch around the yard, but I hope
that cat got the starling. They are nasty, dirty, non-natives. They go
around killing the native birds in the area.

-David