Old 13-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Chad

Default just starting out, ? about pumps

I am in process of upgrading from a 200 gallon pre-formed pond to a
1500 gallon epdm lined pond. I started this process on memorial day
and have been doing a ton of research on filters, skimmers and pumps.
My dad got me started pond'ering' about 15 years ago while I was a
teenager and I have been using submersible pumps until about 10 days
ago when my new Sequence External Centrifugal Pump (4200gph) arrived.
This pump states that is has a max watt usage of 180 watts which is
one of the best I could find. It is actually uses less energy than my
previous 1400 gph submersible pump. I am very impressed with how
quiet the pump is. Now that it is housed in a box slightly below
ground level I have no sound at all, that is until the roar of my
waterfall takes over. As for cost, I spent $230 on the pump and I
bought it online - Free Delivery/No Tax. One last note - I started
with a budget and I gave up for sanity reasons - (One 15ft x 18ft
liner for the pond, One 5ft x 20ft for the stream, One 8ft x 12ft
liner for the waterfall, 5000lbs of colorado moss rock, 2000lbs river
flats, 3 yards of river rock, Cedar Wood for 4ft bridge) – I have been
documenting the process and I will complete my website after I stop
spending all my free time on the pond, and of course spend a little qt
with the wife.

http://members.cox.net/bokowski/