Old 13-06-2003, 04:44 PM
paghat

Default POND TO POOL

In article ,
(tuppence) wrote:

Hi,
I have found a 6' by 4' concrete pond in my garden. It is 4' deep and
I am keen to make it into a small dipping pool for summer. The only
problem is that it has no drainage! Does anyone know if I can simply
use an external pool pump, or if drainage is absolutely necessary?
HELP!!!

One possibility is to have a fountain pump because a fountain keeps water
from stagnating, then when it's time to clean the pool, reroute the
fountain's pump into a sprinkler hose & water the garden.

The depth of the pool suggests someone once grew waterlilies.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/