Old 13-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Weldon Wallick

Default How about hawks?

Have your friends actually seen a hawk do this?

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:40:35 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

If I may interject! Here in Rancho Cucamonga, California, my pond friends
have indeed lost fish to red tail hawks! They will swoop down from a low
perch and pick out your fish!

A few week ago my wife was scared by, I assume, since I didn't see it,
this hawk. It came swooping through the yard screaming.

About a year ago, we looked out our sliding door and saw the hawk
perched on a limb about ten feet from the patio screen.

Needless to say, it didn't get a "warm" welcome.

We have Ospreys all around here, Central Florida. I can't picture one
of them diving into my pond. Also there are lakes all around too.

I guess "ponding" is about occasionally losing some fish ;(

They "only" cost four bucks apiece. And Slocum's has lots more.

But still, it's the "principle of the thing". And one of them was my
"favorite" fish.

WLW