Old 13-06-2003, 05:32 PM
dave weil

Default Starting a new climbing rosebush

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:15:07 GMT, (Shiva) wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:35:42 -0400, "Ol' Thornfinger"
wrote:

It seems to be the consensus around
here that you should avoid fertilizer-treated soil like MiracleGro.

Just out of curiosity, why? Besides its being ridiculously expensive...
I have used this stuff from time to time, especially with my potted roses.

_Thorn_

Damn. Sorry about the first post, I was speed reading again! The only
time I have heard people say NOT to use the treated soil is when the
subject is planting bare roots, which should not be fertilized until
they have a few inches of top growth. There should not be a problem
with planting potted roses in this stuff.

And sorry about not reading this before I posted.

The only problem that i could see with planting potted roses in it is
the problem withfinding the right balance of fertilizer (either
relying solely on the fertilizer in the soil, or overfertilizing). I'd
probably just use a normal fertilizing schedule but that's just me. If
you can find the right balance, then, Isay,go for it...