Old 13-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Darkginger

Default New subscriber - new gardening fanatic!

dave johnson wrote in message
gunnera manicata is about as mad as you can get- even b&Q sell them.Quick
too.
"Darkginger" wrote in message
Thought I'd say hi and introduce myslf as it's likely I'll be pestering

you

I found one in my local garden centre, and just couldn't resist it! (And I'd
gone in the back way deliberately to avoid temptation, too, but they had it
sitting outside the back door...) It's a baby right now, but I have big
hopes for it. Gunnera grow wild in this area (well, they do about 15 miles
north of here, on Achill Island), and I've always admired them. It's in a
large pot (as is everything!) right now, but should be in the ground in the
next couple of weeks, then I'll sit back and watch it go mad!

I'm dead chuffed with my rat-tail radishes - they're coming on a treat, as
are my normal underground (as opposed to overground, which the rat-tails
are) French Breakfast (do they really eat them for breakfast?) radishes.
Even the chilli plants are doing well (three different types!). Anyone had
any experience growing mimosa indoors? Planted mine about a month ago (could
be three weeks, time seems to move very slowly since I started growing
things) and there's no sign of life as yet...

On the plus side, one of my begonia bulbs has finally sprouted!

Jo