Old 13-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Sweet Basil

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:55:31 -0600, "John S. DeBoo"
wrote:

Is there a particular process for drying this or does one simply
pluck the leaves and let them dry? My plants are 1' tall if that
matters any and growing like mad.

I've not dried basil, but I have frozen it - maybe you'd
like to try this too. It has that lovely fresh basil taste
even in winter (although the texture is, of course,
different).

I put the basil leaves and a little water in a blender and
whirl it to a slurry. Then I freeze it in ice-cube trays.
When the cubes are solid, I take them out of the ice-cube
trays and store them in the freezer in a heavy plastic bag.

These are very good to toss in a soup or stew in the winter.

Pat