Old 13-06-2003, 09:44 PM
martin

Default mega slug indoors

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:29:41 +0200, Tim
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:44:08 +0200, martin wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:32:16 +0200, Tim
wrote:

There was an interesting, if yucky, article a year or so ago in New
Scientist magazine, about an Austrailian (I think) biologost who used
diferent species of slugs in his bathroom to keep the mould and rot
away. They'd come out at night, eat all the mould in the shower and then
retreat into holes and cracks in time for his family's daily routine. I
don't think his wife was too happy though. Apparently it seemd to work
quite well.

Ah I found it.
http://archive.newscientist.com/secu...mg16722494.600

Access only seems to be available to New Scientist subscribers.
-- martin

Ah, sorry,it's in the archives, and I didn't realise. Here it is in full,
it's a bit long.

Thanks. Of course he could have avoided mould by improving the
ventillation in his bathroom. :-)
--
martin