Old 13-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] The Great Show Debate

In a message dated 6/13/2003 9:39:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Anyway, I'd like to hear from other club members about where your
shows are held and your thoughts about outdoor vs. indoor.

Our show in Brevard is held in a large retail nursery. We set up along a
side walk under a "pergola" (sp?). It does get warm but our trees don't seem
to suffer. We run Sat. 9 - 5 (Set up begins about 7:30 and sometimes we are
not completely finished when the nursery open to the public at 9) We leave
everything overnight. The nursery has locked gates and fences. More security
than most of us have at home. On Sunday we are there from 11 to 4. These are
the nursery's hours. The situation is win/win. We have a demo on Sat. at 10
that is publicized by the nursery on radio and in the local newspaper as part
of their regular advertising campaign.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --