Old 13-06-2003, 11:09 PM
jane

Default BBC Gardeners World Live

Oh dear replying to my own posting :-) but I have to report back...

I had a marvellous day out with Dad and Aunt. A lot of the little stalls
are now outside with the effect that a lot of folk went out and relieved
crowding inside. I hate to think what would have happened had it rained.
But it didn't, it was glorious and so everyone had a good time.

I didn't get all of my shopping list but there were more little stalls than
last year. I saw the one who'd moaned at me previously about the costs and
they were outside so I guess they thought they'd have another go!

There were several car stands as suspected, and no seed firms when there
used to be. But I guess at this time of year it's pointless as folk have
all their seeds anyway. No Unwins and new sweet peas, no Suttons and
childrens' plants. And no Waitrose! Wail! No complementary tea and cakes!
Theatre now non-ticketed and non-seated and so everyone ignored the
presentations. I felt sorry for the guy we looked at, but none of us could
hear as the sound was terrible and hearing aid loop for Dad was
non-existent (come on, BBC! You can do better!)

Icecream was a rip-off - £1.60 for about half a tablespoonful. I complained
about one scoop that was even smaller. Take sandwiches.

Marquee lovely. Lots of plants. I found a decent looking but reasonably
priced (£15 for an 18" high) acer shirasawanum aureum which I've been after
for years. Yeehah. Another pot appeareth in the back garden... and my
fourth acer Managed to 'accidentally' buy both Aunt and Dad some plants
before they could get their cash out. Hee.

Used the plant creche for the first time. Very good.

And got home to find no hot water. Oh well.

Oh don't park in the east car parks. They are furthest away and the buses
half the frequency of the north (which are *very* close to the halls and
had the biggest queue!)

--
jane

Mark Twain