Old 13-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Graham Broadbridge

Default Plant growth

Hi Victor,

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Graham Broadbridge graham at peachy dot org wrote:
tank from scratch. It's a community tank, which until I moved had very
happy plants which were often pearling streams of bubbles during the day
when the lights were on.

snip
unable to increase kH to increase CO2 concentration. I've never needed

add CO2 with a reactor before, so there must be something else I missing.

You had pearling without added CO2 and with less than 2 watts per gallon?
How is that possible?

Dunno, it was as I said before I moved.

How far away did you move? Are you in a different water supply? I bet it's
something in the new water.

Moved less than 5 miles. You're probably right about it being something
lacking in the water.
My first thought was PO4, but prior to the move I always had kH around 5 out
of the tap,
so maybe the soft water is contributing.

I'm no chemist, which is why I posted all the relevant water chemistry.
Maybe someone can explain how I can increase the kH without the pH going
through the roof and killing all the fish. I'm acceptable to all
suggestions.

Regards
Graham

--