Old 14-06-2003, 12:20 AM
zookeeper

Default Floating Clumps of Flourescent Green Algae

BenignVanilla wrote:
I wonder if you can buy AC in bulk cheaply?

Here's a good page describing what AC can remove from water:

Activated Carbon Filtration
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/h2o...ys/ae1029w.htm

and I did find a page that says carbon will not reduce phosphates;
reverse osmosis will remove phosphates http://mauiwater.org/phosphates.html

Premium Aquatics (indiana) has 4 lb for $19.95 which seems a pretty good
deal; many stores are selling 10 oz. for $9.95!!!
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...ct_Code=ESV211

[sorry, that will wrap -- couldn't find my short url link]

and I think someone mentioned getting bulk amounts of AC at water
softening supply companies, but I didn't come across that in my web search.
--
zookeeper