Old 14-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Lynsey A

Default new plants! name?..

Thanks for trying for me but im afraid thats not it :-(
The leaves are more thin and crinkly....
I do have my doubts that its a true aquarium plant though!
Thanks,
Lynsey.
"Bob" wrote in message
ink.net...
Lynsey,
Can't help on the first plant...
The second sounds like a "purple waffle" plant...it's not considered an
aquatic plant, although I've seen it sold as such...maybe a bog plant.

Check
out this pictu
http://www.bindingstevens.com/waffle.plant.htm
HTH,
Bob
"Lynsey A" wrote in message
Hi,

I bought a couple of new plants today but there was no name on one and

the
other name was a bit iffy!

The one with the name was apparently called a "yam yam". Anybody heard

of
this?- scientific name?
It is a small (bout5-10cm tall) plant, 3 shovel shaped leaves (like a

mini
lilly), more yellow in the center of the leave to green at the outside.

Any
ideas? I dont have a digital camera to take a pic of them.

The second ont in more a mid-ground plant, its very distinctive, leaves

long
and this, and kind of relly crinkly, *very* purple underside and green

upper
leaves.

Sorry if my descriptions arent very good!
So any ideas what they are?

Thanks,
Lynsey.