Old 14-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Jasper

Default cranesbill geranium

It sounds like you have Johnson's Blue (or Johnson Blue or Blue Johnson
whatever the dang this is called --- trying to put it out of my memory). IMO
it's an awful plant, almost a noxious weed. It sprawls all over, takes over
the garden, and is nigh unto impossible to kill. I tried to rid a garden
patch of them over two years ago, and I found some still trying to grow this
spring.

Does anybody really like this plant? I'd really like to know. I imagine that
if you had a big space to fill and liked a bit of wildness, it might have
its uses. Naw!

"susabean" wrote in message
I have several cranesbills in my garden. One is shrubby and has white
flowers. The other has blue flowers and was shrubby last year, but has
TAKEN OFF!! this year. It has gone bonkers, and is taking over my garden!
I pruned it back pretty good, and then got to thinking......is it OK to

cut
back the cranesbill right now? I hope so......

I'm thinking its ok, but I guess I'm looking for reassurance I didn't

commit
a big blunder. Can't seem to find any info in any of my books on cutting

it
back.

Thanks.
Tammy
*who should probably ask first, *then* do!*

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some

of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

---