Old 14-06-2003, 05:44 AM
Beth Peace

Default Owl watching

Marcy Hege wrote:
What is really amazing is to listen to several of them have a
"conference" call. We live in the Swift Creek area and sometimes I've
heard five dfferent barred owls, each taking turns with their
rendition of "Who cooks for you?"

We live near Bond lake and there's quite a population here as well. We hear
the "Who cooks for you, who cooks for you alllll" quite a bit, but sometimes
different groups will get into what sounds like territorial competitions.
Then it's more like who let the monkeys loose! Ooo ooo ooo aaa Aaa AAA!
They're so loud we can hear them in the house with all the windows closed!