Old 14-06-2003, 02:20 PM
--Bill--

Default It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

DKat wrote:

This last year we had more killing tornados than recorded in history. The
previous record breaker for that was 1997. The same can be said for just
about every weather event in the last decade. Our coral reefs are dieing,
massive ice chunks are breaking off the ice sheets on our poles, we are
loosing more and more lives to weather events... but hey... as Bush W said
... adjust.

DKat

Talk about short-sighted. They've been keeping weather records for
what, 100 or so years? What if the natural cycle is something like 6000
years? You know, Noah, floods, the verdant Sahara turning to desert,
etc. There wouldn't be any sand on the beaches in the Tropics if coral
reefs hadn't been dying for millenea.
Seems Mr. Sun was very active in recent years with its sunspot activity
also - record levels and all of that.
Hmmm, wonder if Bush did that too?

I too was a young guy in the 70s and was all worried when "every
reputable scientist" touted global cooling. Its a matter of perspective
I suppose.

For once GW is correct - "get used to it".