Old 14-06-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

Default mint in ponds

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Mint works. In our veggie filter, however, it did not put out the number of
roots we would have liked. Parrots feather, watercress, water celery and wh
send loads of fine roots that trap particles. The mint had more top and
less root mass. We have moved away from it...although shoots of it continue
to come up in the hedge behind the berm. The mint we used was ordinary land
mint.

Good luck.

Jim

I havent had good luck with mint in the water tryed both "land" mint and
water mint but I do have it growing like mad in the rocks that separate
the pond from the rose garden
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com