Old 14-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Julia Green

Default cranesbill geranium

"Jasper" wrote in message
It sounds like you have Johnson's Blue (or Johnson Blue or Blue Johnson
whatever the dang this is called --- trying to put it out of my memory).

IMO
it's an awful plant, almost a noxious weed. It sprawls all over, takes

over
the garden, and is nigh unto impossible to kill. I tried to rid a garden
patch of them over two years ago, and I found some still trying to grow

this
spring.

Does anybody really like this plant? I'd really like to know. I imagine

that
if you had a big space to fill and liked a bit of wildness, it might have
its uses. Naw!

I have a few cranesbills, one of them 'Johnson's Blue'. It's the only one
of mine that hasn't spread. It doesn't bloom for very long either. I just
got a 'Brookside' which is supposed to be similar but with a longer
blooming period. We shall see.

'Claridge Druce' and 'Sangiunium Stratium' both spread.