Old 14-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Pat Meadows

Default I've said it before, I'll say it again..

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:19:16 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

It is easier to shout with HTML. By the way, what is wrong with using HTML.
What complaint I have with it is that posters using it have font sizes to
small. You cannot say that about my post.

Nothing is wrong with using HTML in its proper place -
creating a webpage.

This newsgroup is a part of Usenet, however, which is a
plain-text media.

Many of us use plain-text news programs and don't see HTML
posts, or see all the HTML codes.

The point of using plain text is that EVERYONE can read it:
those who use Macs, those who use plain-text newsreaders,
people using Unix or Linux machines, people using IBM
mainframes, people using Windows (whatever version), people
on WebTv, people still using DOS....whatever. I, for
instance, used to read newsgroups during my lunch hour at
work: I used Pine on a Unix machine. No HTML there.

Plain text also occupies vastly less space on a drive, and
takes less bandwidth to transmit.

Pat