Old 14-06-2003, 04:08 PM
The Ranger

Default I've said it before, I'll say it again..

Repeating Decimal wondered in message
Turn off your HTML please.

[..] what is wrong with using HTML. [..]

Everything in a text-only newsgroup.

Many ISPs (and the newsservers they use) filter HTML messages so they aren't
displayed in text-only 'groups. Many people that use USENET, still use
'readers that will display all the commands that make those fonts/colors/et
al "different," making your message difficult (if not impossible) to read.
Even more people will immediately filter/killfile you for posting HTML-laden
messages in a text-only group.

It's a simple fix, though. If you want the most people to read your
response -- and comment on the content rather than the display -- then use
plain text when appropriate.

In OE, you can find the setting under the main menu item, Tools|Options|Send
(Newsgroups) or you can change each message prior to sending it.

The Ranger