Old 14-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Brian Watson

Default So many fish dying

"Smith" wrote in message
We moved in last year, and there was a pond (in the garden, complete with
liner, but no water. We filled it, (it's 3750 litres - is this medium or
large?) and left it for about 2 weeks then introduced plants.

We then added 15 goldfish and a pond pump. The fish seemed OK - we lost

one
to ulcers over the last summer. Frogs, newts, snails and water boatmen all
took up residence, so we assumed we had created a good habitat.

However, from September to March, we lost 3 fish to ulcers. I did ulcer
treatments after we lost the first two, but it didn't seen to do much

good,
so I did it again, then we lost 2 more.

Sounds like parasites causing what appear to be ulcers to me.

--
Brian
"There is no point knocking yerself out, working all sorts of silly hours