Old 14-06-2003, 08:44 PM
FDR

Default I've said it before, I'll say it again..

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:04:32 GMT, "FDR"

wrote in rec.gardens.edible:

HTML is plain text. Take a look at it.

Substitute "ASCII text" wherever the sender has said "plain text".

ASCII means "American Standard Code for Information Interchange".

Emphasis on
the word "Standard". HTML is not standard, the text that is visible to

you is
not "plain text" and is not visible to everyone.

Have you ever looked at HTML code? It's just text.

Don't blame us because the
designers of usenet did not want prettiness and oodles of excess bytes on

their
system at the expense of clarity of communication and greatly increasing

the
storage requirements on server.

What about ASCII art? What about 50 line SIG's?

What about binary groups?

--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a