Old 14-06-2003, 10:56 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default under attack

In a fit of sanity: Hank Pagel picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
:: QUESTION? Do water scarecrows really work on raccoons. Some
:: how I don't see these furry little bandits being afraid of a
:: squirt of water. I can see them thinking "Wow, this water park is
:: really cool."
Some time ago there were posts here concerning raccoons becoming accustomed
to the scarecrows and ignoring them. You may be throwing money away. We
have a almost invisible bird net over our pond now and that keeps everything
but the smallest snakes and frogs out. We buy them at Ace Hardware for
$18.00 and they last several years. We haven't lost one fish or plant since
netting the 2 ponds.
--
Carol.......
Ponding on the cheap...........