Old 15-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Unique Too

Default "Shovel Prune" Epiphany

"Anne Lurie" writes:

Now, however, I can exercise my freedom of choice -- although my choice
may seem limiting to some people. (I'm one of those tiresome people who
orders the same thing at the same restaurants -- "because it was so good
last time" -- so I'm sure that next year, I'll be planting another Graham
Thomas and yet another Abraham Darby (now *that* fragrance could have made
me a rose fanatic years ago!), and it's okay! I'm okay, you're okay, we're
all okay!

Another step in growing with roses. Accepting that it's okay whatever choices
other people make. Myself, I only have duplicates of two roses (out of ~50).
I like variety. I order something different when we eat out, just because I've
never tried "that: before. It's led me to try Octopus (disgusting), escargot
(love 'em), raw oysters (they're okay), fish eggs (what is the proper term? and
I paid How Much for that!).
But it's okay. If you are happy with fifteen roses of five varieties, that's
okay with me. Shiva likes her big blowsey HTs in garish colors. I like the
OGRs in mostly soft colors. She sprays on a regular basis, I'm trying to rid
my gaden of BS magnets. But it's okay. We love roses, just in different
ways.