Old 15-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Roses Fertilizing and Drip Irrigation

In Jon Boehm wrote:
My question is, how do I fertilize these roses? Since I'm using a drip
system the fertilizer will not get into the soil unless it rains.
When the drip system is active the water immediately soaks into the
soil and does not contact the fertilizer on the surface.

I've read Anne's post and agree. Some systems do permit addition of
fertiliser.

A few years ago there was a horrible act of vandalism against a 4000-
bush nursery at Swanes, in Sydney Australia. A disgruntled ex-employee
fed glyphosate (Roundup) into the irrigation system and caused enormous
damage.

You may have no option but to dig some fertiliser into the drip zone for
each bush. Osmocote will gradually release its nutrients with moisture.
Plenty of organic materials will do likewise.