Old 15-06-2003, 04:20 AM
RichToyBox

Default The Pond Doctor book

I don't know if that level of salt will do anything for algae or not. I
have run levels as high as 0.3% which is nearly 3 pounds per 100 gallons and
barely slowed down the plants. I have heard that the so called oxygenators
plants that are totally submerged will be killed by these salt levels. It
will not affect the fish at all.
--
RichToyBox

"Nanceemo" wrote in message
I bought Helen Nash's book, after I read here it was a good one. She

mentions
several times adding salt to kill algae bloom. I inherited an eight-year

old
beautiful pond with the purchase of this home, and here in desert country

I'm
having a lot of trouble maintaining it with what little I know. I can't
believe I am reading right ... she recommends two pounds of noniodized

salt per
one hundred gallons of water. I simply cannot visualize adding twenty

pounds
of salt to an approximately 1,500 gallon pond. What effect would this

have on
the plants and fish?