Old 03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Tim Fischer

Default To kill a pine tree...

"Bart" wrote in message
m...

Let's make you the owner of this tree. So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all the damage your tree is doing to my property,

Sure. I'd like to see the judge that awards "damages" due to tree roots in your lawn.

or would you rather let me pay to have it removed?

No way, unless you want to give me thousands of dollars in addition to compensate for the loss of value to my home, and my loss of enjoyment of the
tree.

It is going to be gone, eventually.

Sure -- in a few hundred years, hopefully.

I feel I have a perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard.

NO. Read up on this you are incorrect. This is the same subject as tree limbs overhanging your property -- you can't remove them if it would have any chance of killing the tree. Removing roots to any significant degree would certainly kill the tree.

Are you one of those tree huggers?

Absolutely not. But I don't see the need to remove a valuable tree just because there's a few roots in the hard. Doesn't this tree provide ANY benefits to you? Beauty? Shade? Windbreak? Most people LIKE trees in/near their yard.

Don't you give a damn about your neighbors?

Rhetorical question -- doesn't deserve answer.

-Tim

This thing is a real problem. Not only to the value of my property, but personal safety for both homes. I live in a high lightning strike zone.

DUH...

Bart

Tim Fischer wrote in message

"Bart" wrote in message