Old 15-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Plants disliked by rabbits

"Dwayne" wrote in message
No promises, but it seems to work for me to plant a clove of garlic

between
the plants I want to protect from them (cabbage, Brussels sprouts,
cauliflower, broccoli). Havent had a problem for two years.

I love the smell of garlick. What are the chances that it will rpel my
neighbours' multitudinous cats?

In another vein, has any reader ever tried out these new fangled supersonic
sound generators as a cat repellent?

Franz Heymann

Dwayne

"David P" wrote in message
Hi all
nods to some familiar names

Googling through the two groups it seems the question has only been

asked
once and that a few years ago so...

Does anybody have any tips as to the type of plants that are disliked by
rabbits please?

As a starter we find that Lavender is not touched by 'ours' nor are
Astilbe and Hosta. Any others would be gratefully received.

FWIW we have also tried Renardine. This seems to work OK but does tend
to amsk the more natural smell in the garden. The ideal would be to
forget the Renardine and just fill the beds with plants the coneys won't
touch.
--
David
Visit http://www.farm-direct.co.uk for your local farmgate food