Old 03-03-2003, 03:51 PM

Default Opinions on bead filters appreciated

I am really surprised that you are going into personal attack mode.
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/w...l_attacks.html
Ingrid,

..... A personal attack or assault is not a discussion of facts. It begins with the
attacker clearly identifying the person being attacked either by name or by the use
of "you" repeatedly
it sure would be nice if you would sure of your facts, before providing such misinformation.

.... The attack is full of emotional words, feelings, beliefs and opinions, but few
facts. this is a mild attack
It really does impact the credibility of this NG.

..... The attacker will often refer to "unidentified others" who share their beliefs
and "know what they know". The attack is most often public to be effective. So you
are assuming the role of protector of the newsgroup ...

And here I am being nice to you Greg. I erase your name from an erroneous statement
like "anaerobic bacteria break down ammonia to nitrogen which is a more usable form
for plants". I dont assume anything except it was an oversight, a mistake.

The ONLY fact in what I wrote was bead filters were originally made for swimming
pools
Not fact. What I heard from Jo Ann. The local pond people come to her when their
fish or ponds are in trouble. The locals brought their bead filters in and this is
what SHE found inside of them. And the symptoms of the fish that were sick and/or
dying in the ponds showing H2S poisoning were using some kind of bead filter. Not to
mention that is what it smelled like when they opened them up. You are free to call
Jo Ann and dispute what she has seen first hand. No need to attack me cause I am
repeating what I heard from a highly reputable source.

I toured both Bretts koi farm and Prices koi farm. I saw no bead filters. OTOH, as
I jokingly said .. women will go with cheap, low maintenance "organic" veggie filter
while men will use expensive, high maintenance technology to achieve the same
purpose. So I am not surprised that some men will be recommending what they use.
Ingrid