Old 15-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Brian Watson

Default Rain water collector

"itten" wrote in message
I was thinking of using rain water to top of my pond due to evaporation
and or water changes. Is there an easy way to do this? I have some 5
gallon buckets, but I want more volume. I was thinking of using my
metal roof as a collector. Does anyone do this? Is there any harm in
using rain water instead to tap water with chlorimine? I have a few
Koi and goldfish and I don't want them harmed.

A copper roof could be a problem as a collector surface but otherwise you
should be OK, especially if you filter the water first (through a pair of
tights, for example) to minimise the ingress of leaves and other solids.

--
Brian
"There is no point knocking yerself out, working all sorts of silly hours