Old 15-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Treating Sick Chilli Plants

In article ,
Ewald Schroder wrote:
I've just successfully treated my homegrown chilli plants from an
aphid infestation. I made an extract of cigarette butts and dried
crushed hot chillis (soaked overnight then strained). Best of all,
it's herbal (if addictive..), really quite important for a food plant.
Only thing is, spray it on outside, unless you like the smell of fags.
Worked in just 3 days. Ewald Schroder

A traditional and effective method. Probably illegal, but so what?
Don't leave that stuff lying about where it might get drunk, though!

I find soft soap (I using Savona, though washing up liquid and/or
pure soap washing flakes will do) effective, and it is completely
harmless to mammals in reasonable quantities.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.