Old 15-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Simon Avery

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

Rick McGreal wrote:

Hello Rick

And I had a fit of embarressment when I had no idea where
to get the fuel....

In a petrol station........

RM Oh...Its just normal 4star fuel then?

Absolutely not!

Standard unleaded works on nearly all small engines, but the golden
rule is that all strimmers run on 2/stroke. Neat petrol will kill your
strimmer.

Buy 2-stroke oil (most garages, garden centres, agricultural centres)
and follow the instructions. on the bottle to mix at 25-1 strength.
All this will be covered in the manual, btw.

If you're lucky enough to have a small local attended garage that does
2-stroke (we are, in Chudleigh) then you just walk up, give the guy
your empty can and say "5 litres of 25-1 please" and he mixes it for
you. Remember to shake can thoroughly once mixed.

A one gallon plastic fuel can will last, with light use, most of the
summer btw - small strimmers are incredibly economical now.